This blog started during the process of adopting our daughter, Camellia, from China. The title comes from many, many months of selling Pandora-style bracelets to help fund her adoption. Camellia came home just before Thanksgiving, on November 18th of 2012. We are now using this site to keep our supporters updated on Camellia's progress, as well as sharing updates on our older three children, Jack, Ian, and Chloe. God has richly blessed our family, and we invite you to look through this window into our lives.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Life as a Limburg @ 4 Months


As you can see, Camellia is blending quite nicely as one of the kids:


Just this evening I came home from work to find the 3 older kids outside playing in the last snow of the season. It was too cold for Camellia to stay out as long so she was standing at the patio door screaming "JACK" at the top of her lungs over and over. Jack would look up from outside and wave. Camellia would get so excited that he noticed her. Jack and Camellia have really connected.

Camellia has the curiosity of a 2 year old, the energy of a 4 year old and the sleep habits of an infant all wrapped up into one child! Her curiosity is what amazes me. It is no wonder that Curious George is her favorite show.

At the same time, this curiosity is one of the places where I struggle the most as her Dad. I always have to put myself in check and realize that this may in fact be the first time she has ever seen the object she keeps reaching for. This curiosity can be seen on her face in two forms. The first form is the "OK go ahead and look" face,

 and then there is the face we see when we say, "No Camellia, don't touch."

How do you resist those eyes! Couple that with the pouty lip and it's hard to tell her no. Although recently it has become comical. She will give me the look. If I don't acknowledge her, she will tap me on the leg. When I look down at her she will point her little finger at her lip to show me she's unhappy. If I can resist smiling, because she's so darn cute,and say "no" again, she will walk over to Mommy and try the same trick on her.


Since our last post, there has been lots of singing, dancing, playing, fighting, crying, sleeping, destroying, learning, eating, eating, eating!!!


If you have followed the blog from the beginning you know that Camellia LOVES noodles. Well, I must say that salsa has almost edged out noodles. You give her a bowl of salsa and she will eat it like a bowl of soup. Just a bowl, salsa, and a spoon and she's got a meal! Popcorn has become another recent favorite.


Along with all of her new found curiosity has come some quite unusual fears. Most recently, her fear has been of her shadow. She found her shadow for the first time about 2 weeks ago. She was scared to death and is just now getting comfortable seeing her shadow. In the last blog post, I mentioned a fear of snowmen. This fear has not gone away. In fact, our dear friend Traci Berens suggested the snowman we made for her was rather scary. As a result, we showed her another snowman, the below video describes her reaction.



Since it has been 4 months, we are starting to journey out to a few events with our friends. We were able to take her on her first bowling trip:


 Camellia also made it to Tae Kwon Do with the kids!





She has even started to make beautiful music together with her sister...


 We even have been managing to get everyone ready for church!

Camellia also got to experience her first Daddy's birthday, Valentine's Day, and Easter egg decorating.







Finally, as I update the blog tonight, I ask everyone to pray for Camellia's little friend Haven. Haven came home from China in May of 2012. She had heart surgery last Tuesday similar to what Camellia had in 2010. Haven is really struggling and we pray for peace and healing.




3 comments:

  1. I am just amazed how high you have thrown her in the air ... WOW! ... Praying for Haven .. I love the look on Camellia face she so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Camellia getting some air, Tammy. Did you notice the look on the little girl's face in the background?

      Delete
  2. OMG! I just noticed she is terrified .. awww!

    ReplyDelete

A Father's Poem

A Father's Poem