This blog started during the process of adopting our daughter, Camellia, from China. The title comes from many, many months of selling Pandora-style bracelets to help fund her adoption. Camellia came home just before Thanksgiving, on November 18th of 2012. We are now using this site to keep our supporters updated on Camellia's progress, as well as sharing updates on our older three children, Jack, Ian, and Chloe. God has richly blessed our family, and we invite you to look through this window into our lives.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Camellia's 5th Birthday!

Today marked Camellia's 5th Birthday! We had a wonderful time celebrating with her. It was super special for all of us as this was her first birthday since we adopted her in November of 2012.

We started the morning with a movie and a trip to Build a Bear. Camellia immediately went for the Pink Hello Kitty.  We showed her other dolls but she said, "No No" to everything else!
 Once the doll was stuffed, she was Happy, Happy, Happy!
 Camellia even got to register her bear.
 Camellia was so excited and the kids all had so much fun.


We returned home and Camellia got to open her presents.



Then it was time for dessert! 
 Since we were celebrating Camellia's birthday for the first time, we had some catching up to do.
Camellia turns One!
Happy 2nd Birthday Camellia!

Camellia Turns Three!
 Everyone is all smiles for your 4th birthday!
 HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY!!!
 Camellia isn't one for cake or icing, but she really likes zucchini bread, so we put candles on the bread and she loved it.
We were able to capture the birthday celebration on video.


 
After dessert, we headed outside for a little surprise.





Video of some of the kids launching the lanterns


Happy Birthday Sweetie. We love you!



1 comment:

  1. I'm 38 and I think I like Build A Bear as much as Camillia!! :) I went in there once to make bears for two friends' baby showers... and then I got a coupon... and came back for myself because it was so PRECIOUS.

    I like how you celebrated Camillia's birthdays. ;) She is looking really healthy and happy and that warms my heart.

    -Heidi
    (I'm a former coworker of Dale's... just so that I don't look like a creepy stalker!)

    ReplyDelete

A Father's Poem

A Father's Poem