This blog started during the process of adopting our daughter, Camellia, from China. The title comes from many, many months of selling Pandora-style bracelets to help fund her adoption. Camellia came home just before Thanksgiving, on November 18th of 2012. We are now using this site to keep our supporters updated on Camellia's progress, as well as sharing updates on our older three children, Jack, Ian, and Chloe. God has richly blessed our family, and we invite you to look through this window into our lives.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A week of firsts


It has been quite a busy week. As we rapidly approach the Christmas season, Nicki and I realized that this will most likely be Camellia's first Christmas! Overall, Camellia and the rest of us are adjusting quite well. Yesterday, 12/18 marked one month since we landed in Akron, Ohio. It all seems like a blur and although we are just starting to figure out a routine, China is still fresh in my mind. I wonder how long it will take her to be truly comfortable with all of us. At the same time, I also wonder when she will like to brush her teeth (or at least not scream)! :) Everyday since we landed, Camellia's life has been filled with firsts. Topping the list this week is her first taste of Venison (which she loved!), her first grilled cheese sandwich,




her first time running the sweeper (this is the same expression of enthusiasm we get from the other 3 when asked to sweep), 


 and her first Christmas party.


While there are many firsts, there are at the same time some familiar things in Camellia's life that we are discovering. Like "Ring Around the Rosy"
 The kids started this one day and she joined in happily and when the kids said, "All Fall Down!" she knew exactly what to do.

So we discovered that there are certain songs, like Ring around the Rosy, that she seems to know. Nicki and I also found that she enjoys music. She will clap along, try and sing, or just dance whenever music is played. So this is where we come a little help. The other night, Camellia was rambling on about something. We couldn't tell if it was singing, complaining, or just simply being excited. We thought it was cute and captured it on video. She was definitely trying to tell Mommy something.



and Part 2



So as we prepare to celebrate Jesus' birth, we are filled with much joy and excitement from all the wonderful blessings we have received this year. Grace has brought us Camellia, and we are all blessed to be jie jie, ge ge, ma ma, and ba ba to our little mei mei.








3 comments:

  1. Aww she is so adorable and have lots to say ... it so wonderful to see her so happy .. I just cannot stop crying .. Have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year I hope to see you soon! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look the same way when my fiance asks me to run the sweeper. :( Or do laundry. :(

    I only had venison once and I was really, really young. I didn't like it then, but my tastes were different and I've been dying to try it since but no one in my family hunts... Boo! I think I would like it though since lamb is one of my favorite meats... And I figure they are equally as gamey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't figure out what she's saying in the first clip,it doesn't sound like she's saying anything, but she's very excited.Maybe the calculator or the bottle images on the wall reminded her something.But in the second clip, she's definitely singing, did you guys teach her some songs?

    ReplyDelete

A Father's Poem

A Father's Poem