This blog started during the process of adopting our daughter, Camellia, from China. The title comes from many, many months of selling Pandora-style bracelets to help fund her adoption. Camellia came home just before Thanksgiving, on November 18th of 2012. We are now using this site to keep our supporters updated on Camellia's progress, as well as sharing updates on our older three children, Jack, Ian, and Chloe. God has richly blessed our family, and we invite you to look through this window into our lives.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

An evening with Daddy.

Jack, Ian, and Chloe have Tae Kwon Do three nights a week. As a result, I rush home from work to spend some time with Camellia while Nicki takes the kids to practice. So at around 5:00, she started getting a little crabby. I suspected she was hungry so I fed her some noodles and Tea. I was shocked at what resulted. I gave her the tea cup and told her it was hot. She looked at me and said, "Haah!" I looked back at her and said, "Hot". She then repeated, "haah." so I said it slower and enunciated the "T." She tried her best and after a few tries, said repeated really softly, "HOt." So I was impressed! She learned a new word tonight!

After her snack of noodles, I sat her on the floor and turned on Sesame Street. The number for today is 19. On the show, they were slowly counting from 1 to 19. Right away she started to try and repeat all of the numbers! Not all of them were well formed, but you could tell she was practicing. I managed to catch the tail end of it on video. You can hear her say 14, try to say 15, then I distracted her by turning on the light. She finally resumed at 19.
I think she us understanding more and more every day and now she is trying to repeat things! What a little blessing she had been to us. Ornery and stubborn at times, but a true blessing. God is really working in her. It is amazing to hear her brothers and sisters pray for her to gain more language everyday and then to actually witness His work in action is truly humbling.

The other night, I was able to capture some audio of her talking to us in Chinese at bedtime. We need a translator!!
I was so glad we captured this as I'm not sure how long she will keep this up, but its adorable!

2 comments:

  1. Loved listening to the bedtime recording. You have got to get that translated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got it translated! Big thanks to Cousin Rebekah!!! She was talking about flowers and wanting a drink! We have a flowering tree nightlight in her room and Dad forgot to give her a drink of water before laying her down. So she was telling us about the nightlight and that she wanted something to drink! :)

    ReplyDelete

A Father's Poem

A Father's Poem