This blog started during the process of adopting our daughter, Camellia, from China. The title comes from many, many months of selling Pandora-style bracelets to help fund her adoption. Camellia came home just before Thanksgiving, on November 18th of 2012. We are now using this site to keep our supporters updated on Camellia's progress, as well as sharing updates on our older three children, Jack, Ian, and Chloe. God has richly blessed our family, and we invite you to look through this window into our lives.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Love Transforms Chaos


Some have asked, why did we choose to change her name? I heard a pastor once say that "to name something is to bring it out of chaos." To bring someone out of chaos gives them meaning, purpose, and hope. Love Transforms Chaos and we can really see a difference in Camellia after just a few short weeks surrounded in love.




So have I mentioned this girl loves noodles? Here's a few pictures of her and the supply of all the noodles and rice that people have been donating.



As a result of all the noodles, I have been adding to my cooking skills and have made some pretty tasty noodles if I can say so myself. Nicki and the kids especially liked my "Noodles Guangdong Style" as I call them (sung to Gangnam Style).

Camellia received a wonderful little doll in the mail today from my Aunt Cynthia. She absolutely loved it! In fact, she wouldn't even put it down for her Guandong Style noodles! 
 Camellia loves playtime with me. She especially likes to play catch! I was never one to play much ball so my form of catch is... well just watch the video.. :)




This week, many of the guys at the office found out why the blog is called Beads4Baby. With everything 1/2 off, who could blame them! Christmas being just a few weeks away, they couldn't resist getting their significant others more Pandora beads at such a low price. Thanks everyone for contributing!



Today is my wonderful wifee's birthday. It was great to have time as the whole family home to celebrate. We've been almost 2 years in our journey to bring Camellia home so it was nice to celebrate a birthday all together! My wife is such a wonderful Mommy. Camellia and her are really getting along great! There may be challenges, but my wifee always pulls through. I would have never made it through China without her support. 14 1/2 years of marriage, and 4 kids and she's still stunningly beautiful. Happy Birthday Darling! 




Cheese Picture Day. Nicki started a tradition in our family called Cheese Picture Day. On the day of the month of each child's birthday, the kids have to sit in the big chair and get their picture taken. In Jack's case, on the 16th of every month for 10 years, he has had his picture taken in this chair.
So to give you some background, here is Jack in 2002:



Same Chair, Same Jack, now 2012:


The dilemma has been, what day do we take Camellia's Cheese Picture? Do we go by Gotcha day, the 5th? Or her birthday which is estimated on the 10th?

As a result, Camellia got her picture taken on BOTH days! The 5th, marking the 1 month anniversary since Gotcha day,

and then again today on the 10th for the day of the month she was born.

So which date will we go with as our decision? I think if she keeps smiling, we'll just keep taking pictures!


And Finally, a note about my Cousin Rebekah. After all, her first visit to China was one of the reasons Nicki and I decided to pursue our plans to adopt. Anyway, evidently China hasn't had enough of the Limburg family.  My cousin Rebekah left on 11/30 for a job in Chengdu, China. She'll be there for almost 2 years! Follow her adventures at http://beksworldtravels.wordpress.com/ She took a teaching position in China and she needs our prayers as she will be there for quite some time. She's braver than I would ever be, 16 days was all I could handle being away from home.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of noodles .. I love the pic Dale and I really love reading about Camellia and the family ...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You're still selling those bracelets...?? We need to talk!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Still have the bracelets! Tons of beads yet. limburgd@gmail.com

      Delete

A Father's Poem

A Father's Poem