Revelation 21:5 NKJV
Then he who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all
things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
This verse and shortly there after the Steven Curtis Chapman song, “All things
new” have been jumping through my mind all day. And I would have to say that
this theme pretty much summed up our day today as we spent our first full day
together as a family. Jack, Ian, and Chloe spent the entire day showing her
EVERYTHING in the house. Every toy, everything in their closets and all the new
stuff we have for her. From this little girl's perspective it truly is all things new. A new world, new family, new beginning to life. I just pray that someday she has another new beginning in Christ.
Last night when
we got home and got her ready for bed, we weren’t sure what Camellia would want
to do for sleep. We set up a cot in our room but obviously, Nicki had Camellia's room
all decorated perfectly for a little girl. When I picked her up and asked her
if she was ready for bed, she pointed to her bedroom. I showed her the cot in
our room; she shook her head no and pointed to her big beautiful bed. So Nicki
and I put her to bed in her big bed!
So how bad was the flight? Really not that bad considering all
we went through leading up to the event. Indeed it was Exhausting, Emotional,
Stressful and full of Extreme Anxiety. Since my flight was so long I asked my
doctor if I could have a prescription for air sickness just in case.. So I was prescribed
2 patches. One patch for the flight there and one for the flight home. On the
way over to China, I noticed that part way through the flight I couldn’t see
well enough to read my iPhone. I also couldn’t see well enough to watch a
movie. I then felt very strange and was constantly thirsty. When I got to the
hotel, I continued to feel this way well into the next morning. So on the flight
home, I noticed that about 2 hours into the flight, my vision had blurred, I
was extremely thirsty, and this time, was suffering with extreme anxiety. I then started
sweating and itching all over from being so anxious. As I scratched my neck, I
remembered the patch!! I quickly removed it and remembered that anxiety and
blurred vision were some of the side effects my doctor warned about. About an
hour after this, I noticed the symptoms were going away but I now had a bad
headache. So I took something for the headache and by the time I reached Seoul
I was pretty much back to normal. Otherwise, the trip was relatively quiet. We had a few meltdowns on the plane but that was to be expected considering the lack of sleep and 22 hour flight plan.
Here she is waiting on her first airplane ride!
And here she is 1/2 way through this first 4 hour flight. Little did she know she had 20 hours left.
Looking down and saying bye bye to China one last time.
And finally on the 12 1/2 hour flight, she fell asleep.
And she slept like this across 2 seats for a little over 5 hours. We were so lucky to only have the 2 of us in the 3 row seating we were in. As a result, we had an extra seat to stretch out in. During her nap, I also slept. I woke up at one point by hearing a large thump. I looked around and she was gone! Camellia had rolled out of the seats and onto the floor. I picked her up expecting to hear screaming and she was still asleep! So I laid her back down and she slept another 2 hours. Now that's what I call a deep sleep!
Homecoming:
It was an awesome feeling to finally be home and unite everyone. I'll simply upload photos to share and I won't say much here other than we serve an awesome God!
So how does she do with Nicki? Pictures tell the story;
Today Camellia seems to really be doing well with Ma Ma and the kids. She's a little tired of me today and pushes me away and even tries to hit me. Except, right after dinner she wrestled with me on the floor for a good 1/2 hour or so. All of the kids joined in and it was a blast! She had a good time.
Evening:
While the kids are getting their baths and getting ready for bedtime, I spent part of the day reading over the blog today and
catching up on pictures. A whole flood of
emotions came over me as I reread some of my blog posts. Now I know why Tammy and
Deanna were crying so much when they read them .J We will keep updating the blog throughout the week and into the future so keep checking back. A lot of appointments this week to get everything in before I head back to work. So we will keep everyone posted.
So our journey doesn't end here as we now have a lifetime ahead of us as we:
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. -Psalm 100:4
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. -Psalm 100:4
.
Just when I thought I cried my last tear! A beautiful ending becomes an even better beginning. What a wonderful family you have!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on completing the journey . . . and starting the journey! God bless all the way!
ReplyDeleteOMG! ..I just cried so hard this was too emotional for me I am such a girl ..So happy you and Camellia made it home safely.. I love the family pics you guys look so great together. I remember the first day you told me you were adopting sitting back in your office and I wrote you a check right then and there and it was worth every penny I am so happy for your family...Tammy
ReplyDeleteWhat a great ending to your adoption trip!! We were so honored to meet you at the Garden Hotel last week, and were so impressed at how well you did with your new daughter! Ginny and I both thought you won "Dad of the Year" award - hands down! :)
ReplyDeleteHopefully our paths will cross again since we both live in Ohio :)
God bless,
Adam & Ginny Schrader
I'll second that motion for Dad of the Year award. -Nicole Limburg
Delete