This blog started during the process of adopting our daughter, Camellia, from China. The title comes from many, many months of selling Pandora-style bracelets to help fund her adoption. Camellia came home just before Thanksgiving, on November 18th of 2012. We are now using this site to keep our supporters updated on Camellia's progress, as well as sharing updates on our older three children, Jack, Ian, and Chloe. God has richly blessed our family, and we invite you to look through this window into our lives.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Doctor Visit


We received a huge blessing today. We had our first doctor appointment today to have Camellia all checked out. After a long 5 hours at the Akron Childrens Hospital, it was determined that Camellia's heart surgery has repaired her from Atrial Septal Defect and Pulmonary Valve Stenosis. She will need no further surgery or monitoring on her heart and will be able to live a normal life! Once again, prayers were met here in a BIG way. The only thing we have to do now is to get her nutrition up and to work on some dental issues as a result of living in an orphanage without the means to brush her teeth.

The first few days have been great. Camellia has really started to bond with the kids and Nicki. Ironically, it seems she's had enough of her dad. It appears that two weeks and a long flight with me was more than enough for her. She pushes me away and now prefers to cuddle and be with her Mommy. However, she still blows me kisses and says I love you to me. I'm just glad she's bonding with Nicki so well and I know she will come back around as she learns we are both always going to be here for her.
 
Chloe has been an awesome big sister. they play well together and Chloe is always trying to help her in any way.  

 
Finally, she loves to wrestle and play! She loves to climb all over wrestle with me and her brothers and be upside down! Here's some of us in action tonight.
 
So we are growing in love and learning more about eachother every day. Its a joy to have her and the rest of the kids and I am looking forward to her first thanksgiving with us!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Camellia is doing great...I tried to view the video but it says it's private. Happy Thanksgiving...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy! Fixed the Video, give it a try now.
      Take care, -Dale

      Delete
  2. Dale, Jim C told me about this blog last Wednesday night and I wish I'd found it sooner!! I spent the weekend catching up... what an amazing story about adopting your daughter. I really hope she grows up to be a happy, adjusted little girl!! I thought I didnt want kids, but this story makes me want to adopt a girl from China. The orphanage entry was the closest to making ME cry. All those kids in need of a home. So sad. I wanted to rescue them all. I have hope that someone does. Everyone should grow up with a mom and dad -- especially great parents like you and Nicki appear to be!!

    ~Heidi E (from SA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and good to hear from you! She is starting to adjust, slowly but every day is better than the previous day. The orphanage was tough. There were so many other kids there that I wish I could have brought home. There is more video and photos from the orphanage that I'll have to post in the future.

      Delete

A Father's Poem

A Father's Poem