This blog started during the process of adopting our daughter, Camellia, from China. The title comes from many, many months of selling Pandora-style bracelets to help fund her adoption. Camellia came home just before Thanksgiving, on November 18th of 2012. We are now using this site to keep our supporters updated on Camellia's progress, as well as sharing updates on our older three children, Jack, Ian, and Chloe. God has richly blessed our family, and we invite you to look through this window into our lives.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Packed and Ready to Go

All Packed and ready to go...

As I wind down for the evening and try to get some sleep before my 5:40 am flight to Guangzhou, China to meet Camellia for the first time, my mind keeps coming back to this Sunday's sermon at the Chapel. We had a special guest, Pastor Ley who was a missionary to, of all places, Asia. Anyway, the verse that he covered was.



Luke 4:18
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.

I've had this verse going through my mind all week and honestly, this is quite fitting for the Journey Nicki and I are about to go on. I truly feel surrounded in prayer, I have had a wonderful group of friends and family supporting us through every step and I am worry free and ready to meet Camellia! I know this path for me and my family will be a challenge but, the Spirit of the Lord is upon us as we follow his will. 

So if you could all be in prayer for Nicole, Jack (10), Ian (8), and Chloe (6) as I am  gone for 16 days! I will miss them so much and I know it will be rough for all of us!

Finally, as I take over with the blogging while traveling, go easy on me with the grammar mistakes! My beautiful wife does such a wonderful job at keeping the blog going and grammatically correct. So forgive me, Y'all! And, Nicki, I love you, you are the love of my life and I am so blessed that God chose me to be your Husband. I couldn't think of a better person to go through this wonderful journey with. 
Count down to Camellia... 4 days!
-Dale

1 comment:

  1. I really need to stop reading your blog. I keep crying.. so happy for you ..by the way this is Tammy ..

    ReplyDelete

A Father's Poem

A Father's Poem